A collection of resources for the photovoltaic educator.
恒大彩票网址是多少As solar cell manufacturing continues to grow at a record-setting pace, increasing demands are placed on universities to educate students on both the practical and theoretical aspects of photovoltaics. As a truly interdisciplinary field, young professionals must be fluent with the science, engineering, policy, and market dimensions of this technology, in the context of a growing renewable energy economy
The best way to contact the authors is to leave a comment. You will need to create an account but I can then reply to you and it will be seen by others. If you really must send me an email it’s: [email protected].
The feedback form is presently disabled due to spam.
The main resource on this site at the present is the PVCDROM:
PVeducation goes Python
Recovery from Hacking attack
恒大彩票网址是多少The pveducation website is back after a hacking attack. Sorry for the inconvenience that the downtime caused.
Major Site Upgrade
After a year in the doldrums, the site has had a major upgrade with an update from the development server. There are innumerable bug fixes and the most notable are:
- Added the Spanish version to the menu and it now switches language back and forth more consistently. I wish I could say seamlessly but It still has the occasional glitch. The easiest fix is to switch to another language and back again.
- Tidied up many of the broken links. This is an on going project and there are still a few broken links to be fixed – especially in the Spanish and Korean versions.
- Fixed up the display and fonts so the figure captions are now distinctive and the calculators look cleaner. The overall look of the site is simpler and the menu is more structured.
- The side menu is now on a tablet. Its disappearance drove me nuts.
- I removed the Quizzes since they were out of date and didn’t always work correctly. New ones will be added but there is no target date.
- A note now appears if Flash is not installed. Flash can be installed for Firefox at: I would like to change the Flash animations to HTML5 but it is a laborious process.
- Comments are back but feedback has been removed. There is an endless battle against spammers. Unfortunately I had to remove the feedback form due to the overwhelming amount of spam. I stlil have all your feedback notes and I am working to fix them. To leave a comment you have to login and then leave the comment. It is more laborious but the advantage is I can reply to comments.
Thanks to everyone who has left comments and/or feedback. They are invaluable for improving the site.
The site is now in multiple languages. There is a language switcher at the bottom of the page (and in the menu area) if the language is available for that page. Spanish is the most complete thanks to the diligent efforts of Pablo Guimera Coll and Prof. Mariana Bertoni at the Defect Lab at ASU () at Arizona State University. They took on the huge task of translation into technical Spanish. Korean is slowly being posted but for now it is available as a PDF.
恒大彩票网址是多少We get a lot of traffic to the site and a large amount of spam postings. Most of them get filtered out but on March 5 a few more evaded the spam filter than usual. We had to delete many of the accounts and messages created on that day. We apologize if you had a legitimate account deleted or we missed your feedback message. As far as we know it would only be one or two posts. We seem to be back to normal so try to repost.
On the page "Calculation of Solar Insolation恒大彩票网址是多少" the second graph down on module tilt was correctly showing the data on the screen. However, the button "Show Data" was reading the data from the third graph. It is now fixed so the data table matches the displayed graph.
JeffGraph or Java No More
When we started doing an electronic book on photovoltaics web browsers had very limited capabilities. Java was all the latest technology and so we did the interactive graphs by using a Java plugin. Jeff Cotter did all the coding and the interactive graphs were far ahead of anything else available.
恒大彩票网址是多少In the intervening years, web browsers became much more powerful and standard compliant making sophisticated graphics possible. Meanwhile Java exhibited an increasing number of vulnerabilities and we see more and more people visiting the website without Java. We estimate a quarter of people have Java disabled or no installation at all.
恒大彩票网址是多少Due to these two trends we converted all the Java graphs to HTML5. They are viewable on all the major browsers and without any plugin. They even work on the iPad. Jeff wrote such great structed code that the conversion was straight forward and the new frame work is entitled JeffGraph. It is unusual to be able to be use someone elses code but in this case we used it in a different language.
The only disadvantage is that it does not work in Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP. Those users will have to use Chrome or Firefox to be able to see the new graphs. We estimate that this is less than 10 % of users and it is declining all the time.
恒大彩票网址是多少We hope everyone enjoys the simplicity of the new JeffGraphs and we welcom suggestions for new graphs.
恒大彩票网址是多少You can now login to the website for quizzes, feedback and comments. Creating a login allows you to take the quizzes at the end of some of the chapters. Your scores are also saved for future reference.
If you leave a feedback while logged in we can reply to your feedback. We appreciate anonymous feedback so don't worry about logging in just to leave a feedback. Feedback is only viewable by the site administrators and is useful if you want to let us know about spelling mistakes and typos.
恒大彩票网址是多少You can also comment on pages and the comments are viewable by everyone. You must be logged in leave a comment and we delete messages that are spam or totally off topic. The page comments only open in late April 2013 so only a few pages have comments.
The pveducation website is now on a hew host to cope with the increasing demand. Page load times are now considerably faster.